Let’s get started on those boots!
Here, you can see some of the paints I will be using while painting these boots. Along with the paints, I use a product called Textile Medium made by Delta Ceramcoat. The medium helps to keep the paint more flexible on the surface that you are painting. I use about the same amount of medium as of paint.
I line pie tins with aluminum foil to make it easy for clean up.
Since I intend to wear them with denim jeans, I thought it might be nice to paint them in colors that would look nice with denim. Knowing that the paint dries darker than what you mix, I mixed up a light denim looking blue using Dark Blue by Craftsmart bought at Michael’s and Snow White by Americana bought at Hobby Lobby. I also added a tad of black to mute it a little. And don’t forget to add the textile medium.
This is how they look with the tops done.
For the trim near the sole, I mixed a darker version of the top color. I just used less of the white and more of the blue and black. And you can now see that the tops have dried a darker color.
Aqua is my favorite color – the color of a pool in summer! There had to be some aqua on my boots! So, I chose it as the background color for the base of the boot. The base took two coats, even three in some areas, to cover.
And here you have the first stage in painting the boots. I am going to leave them to dry over night before I begin on the flowers. I like them more already! ~~